Our Cemeteries

The four cemeteries owned and operated by the District are among the County’s oldest and most established, with recorded burials prior to 1900.

Although initially privately owned, the Newcastle and Rocklin Cemeteries were formed into the Newcastle, Penryn, Loomis Cemetery District in 1927. In 1963, the Gold Hill Cemetery was annexed, and the District’s name changed to the Newcastle, Rocklin, Gold Hill Cemetery District. The Ophir Cemetery was the last cemetery to be annexed into the District in 1989.